TEAM: Entertainment R&D
TYPE: Permanent (full time)
LITTLE BIT ABOUT POPHOUSE
Pophouse is an entertainment company investing in intellectual property and companies within the entertainment industry. We invest capital, creativity and passion to unlock the power of entertainment. This is our purpose, and what we love to do.
At Pophouse, we amplify the value of our brands by working passionately on developing them into next generation entertainment experiences, and connecting them to new audiences. Always with the mission of turning them into evergreen entertainment franchises.
Pophouse leverages its creative culture and ability to create and launch world-first entertainment (original) productions and concepts to a global audience. We do this through:
- Investing in and create intellectual property (IP) and entertainment brands
- Develop our brands and IPs into new concepts, bring them to new platforms, and introduce them to new audiences and verticals
- Using partners and subsidiaries to scale the commercial reach
Pophouse has created an exciting new Retail Manager role, based in-house at our head office in Stockholm and working closely with the Entertainment Research & Development team in London.
This person will be key in driving our on-going strategy of optimising Pophouse’s Owned & Operated retail offerings (first and foremost, the ABBA The Museum shop and e-store), evolving creative assets, product development and operational processes, with a view to setting us up for future success when activating Retail, Merchandise and Consumer Products rights for newly acquired brands.
Key responsibilities include:
- As part of the Entertainment Research & Development team, support the Head of Exhibitions and our consultant retail experts in the development and execution of key strategic plans for Pophouse Owned & Operated Retail, including:
- Retail Operations Plan
- Long-term Retail Plan
- Product Development Plan
- Establish new best practice processes for Pophouse Retail, including Monthly Sales Reports
- Be the point person for all retail queries and opportunities, both in-house and externally
- Plan, set and manage the annual retail operating budget, reforecast quarterly as appropriate and take steps to address underperformance.
- Responsible for trading margin budget
- Drive optimal trading margin through detailed analysis of category performance on a unit by unit basis
- Organising all store operations and allocating responsibilities to personnel
- Supervising and guiding staff towards maximum performance
- Monitor stock levels and purchases and ensure they stay within budget
- Deliver KPI data analysis as required
- Manage stakeholders, agencies and partners in the delivery and execution of retail plans, including coordinating any approvals as necessary
- Support in the development of Retail and Consumer Products plans for other Pophouse IP
- 5-7 years’ experience in a Retail-focused role, preferably within Music or Entertainment
- Experience working with both physical and online retail offerings
- Experience working with global brands
- A creative mindset and passion for entertainment in a variety of forms
- A strong written and verbal communicator
Application closing date: November 30th 2022