Head of New Production Development
ROLE: Head of New Production Development
TEAM: Entertainment R&D
REPORTING TO: Development Director
LITTLE BIT ABOUT POPHOUSE ENTERTAINMENT
Pophouse is a pioneer investing in and developing intellectual property and companies within the entertainment industry. We invest capital, creativity, and passion to unlock the power of entertainment. This is our purpose, and what we love to do.
At Pophouse, we amplify the value of our brands by working passionately on developing them into next generation entertainment experiences and connecting them to new audiences.
POPHOUSE PRODUCTIONS is the company’s new and growing production arm. We are responsible for building ambitious, strategic road maps of new concepts, productions and experiences that take our artists to new entertainment spaces beyond music, as well as developing new IP in collaboration with partners around the world to unlock the power of entertainment and drive each of our artists’ long-term visions.
As Pophouse moves into production on a number of exciting projects, there has become a need for a role within our central Entertainment R&D team to serve as the day-to-day interface between Pophouse and our production partners and oversee the production process.
Contribute to the team’s ideation process with a particular focus on Theatre and Themed Experiences, including:
- Identifying potential creative opportunities around artists Pophouse is exploring partnering with.
- Create and curate inspiration materials for productions workshops and pitches, including top-line concept documents and relevant case studies.
- Conduct desk research as well as regularly attend new productions and experiences to support various pitches and projects, as well as identify potential new opportunities.
- Proactively grow the team’s partner network and help nurture its existing relationships.
- Pitch and brief prospective partners on specific artists and projects as needed.
- Represent Pophouse’s creative team at relevant entertainment industry events as needed.
Oversee the production process from a Pophouse perspective, including:
- Ensure a seamless on-boarding and handover to partners as projects are greenlit.
- Work with production partners to align on and track production timelines and budgets.
- See that the artist’s core vision and creative DNA are not lost in the development process.
- Collate informed longlists of production partners for consideration on specific projects.
- Establish a process for securing and distributing production assets for promotional use and beyond, working closely with Pophouse’s Brand & Marketing team.
Collaboration & Stakeholder Management
- Facilitate the flow of information between production to key Pophouse teams and, as necessary, any other relevant partners developing projects around the same artist.
- Work closely with Legal and Finance teams to ensure the necessary paperwork, budgeting and due diligence is in place.
- Manage both internal and external stakeholder creative feedback to production partners.
- Support the fostering of Pophouse’s collaborative culture across all teams and locales
ARE YOU WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for someone who is as passionate about storytelling and entertainment as we are. You love entertainment in all its different forms and like to stay up to date on popular culture and industry trends. You want to join Pophouse Entertainment because you are excited by the chance to be part of a young, fast-moving company that is ever changing and has a strong entrepreneurial spirit.
You come with a least 7 years’ experience in Production. Maybe you are in general management within Theatre production but looking for a change. You have a strong creative eye, proactive approach and excellent written and verbal skills, you create productive collaborations with stakeholders around you. Your past experience in a creative / entertainment role, makes you comfortable managing different partners & senior stakeholders.
Did we just describe you? Then we can't wait to hear from you!
Application closing date: May 30th
- Head office
For us, what we do is not just work. It’s a way of life. Constantly curious, we embrace change. This is the way we PLAY.
Head of New Production Development
Loading application form
Already working at Pophouse Entertainment?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.